Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 9: Big Bird's surprise.

Not a good surprise.

It was Sunday and a few buddies wanted to spend the afternoon drinking. This put me in a very peculiar position-- and once again, I'd probably have to spend an entire meal on alcohol just to keep up.

I met up with them at Gordon Biersch. If you don't know, it's a brewery restaurant with generic American fare, except they fucking love garlic and I half expect someone to shove a clove or two up my ass when I'm there.

I like the place, because it's like Chili's for people that refuse to be seen at that fucking dump. Every so often, a man wants to go slumming, and Gordon Biersch is the perfect place for such activity. Sunday slumming at its finest.

I immediately decided that I would "eat" all three meals at Gordon Biersch. Since I was hungry and it was brunch time I perused the "breakfast" menu. The only thing I could get for less than $12.50 was a fucking vegetarian omelet and a glass of toxin-laden water.

When my food arrived, I gasped and in a freak "automatic" reaction, punched the man sitting next to me in the stomach. The meal looked like Big Bird took a dump on a plate and somebody thought that was appropriate and appetizing:





On top of that, it tasted like a Big Bird deuce, too. I had my food servant promptly remove it from the building. I drank beer for the rest of the afternoon in order to wash away to horror. Eventually my mouth tasted like their goat piss beer and all was well.

1 comment: