Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 3, Lunch: Dining Like a Starving Third-Worlder.

THIS BLOG CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE. CALL THE COPS, I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.

I had to meet with my business partner for the better part of the afternoon to go over our latest venture capital project.  He, being aware of this bet, cheerily suggested we meet at Parigi, one of my favorite lunch spots.

I summarily told him to fuck off, and we met at The Londoner Pub, which is actually a cool place (though nothing like the phenom Parigi) that I can appreciate (somewhat).  Thankfully, it was quiet when I arrived, so I was able to choose the best table in the pub, and soon I was awash with a cool serenity, much like Patrick Bateman at Espace.  We worked and argued most diligently.


But I digress.


This was the first time I was going to have a crappy meal based solely on cost.  Since I am trying to eat healthy today, I ordered the grilled chicken skewer appetizer.  I'd have preferred the dinner entree, but of course, it was $12 without tax or tip. SON OF A BITCH. NO MEAL FOR ME.


My business partner had already partaken in several alcoholic beverages by the time I arrived, so I ordered the cheapest beer on the menu-- Miller Lite.  Then, in a wonderful twist of fate, our waitress informed me that Diet Coke was free!


OH, GLORIOUS DAY.

I thoroughly enjoyed the four fucking sticks of grilled chicken and I drank the fucking curry sauce because I needed some motherfucking calories.  I drank the beer and probably nine refills on the Diet Coke.  Total?  $10.25!  Add $2 for a tip, and I came in right at $12.25.  Good, eh?



FUCK NO.  I AM STARVING.  IF I DON'T EAT SOMETHING GOOD FOR DINNER, I WILL LIKELY PASS AWAY. 


I AM HUNGRY AS HELL. MILK THE LONDONER WAS A BAD CHOICE.

No comments:

Post a Comment